Briar Rose owner, winemaker, and Bronze Star Veteran Les Linkogle is a true giver. Les wanted to give something special… something meaningful… something significant… To honor his fellow men and woman who dedicated their lives to defend our country everyday without rest. These brave American Hero’s never expect anything in return for standing ready to bear arms 24 hours a day, three hundred and sixty-five days a year. The structure of the wine is pure bliss with a Bordeaux like structure with fruits of exceptional flavor and character. Enjoy this rich firm finish without a heavy round mouth feel. A fruit forward wine with blackberry, raspberry, mocha and vanilla notes.
Ten percent of the proceeds from “We Remember” wine goes to the Veterans Research Corporation, whose mission is to remember and honor the sacrifices of those who serve. Proceeds will fund world class medical research for veterans of all generations.
Medical research is vital in addressing the wounds of war, seen and unseen. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit entity, the Veterans Research Corporation depends on private and community support to meet the challenging needs of the current and future wounded military
– Our veterans deserve our dedicated engagement to support their health needs.
– Honoring our veterans’ service is a moral imperative toward actionable fundraising.
– Respecting veterans of all generations, branches, experiences, and cultures.
The Veterans Research Corporation is managed, and all corporate powers are exercised by its Board of Directors. At the current time, the VRC has no employees and is run by its volunteers and consultants. It is our goal to maximize our effectiveness by the following guiding principles:
– Activities must lead to new medical research to help our veterans
– Decisions must be based on our core values
– Operations must maintain full transparency to maintain the trust of our donors
– Expenses must be aligned with our mission
VRC co-signed a Collaboration Agreement with the Veterans Medical Research Foundation of San Diego (VMRF) on December 12/03/2010 to create and implement a major donation development program in support of medical research for U.S. Veterans conducted by VMRF.